Did you know…that flossing is one of the simplest and most effective ways to prevent decay and maintain a beautiful smile? As if keeping those pearly whites gorgeous isn’t enough, here are five major reasons to take a few minutes out of your day to floss:
- Flossing helps to prevent gingivitis and periodontal disease.
- Flossing prevents bad breath by getting food and bacteria out from between your teeth.
- Flossing helps to prevent decay. By getting bacteria out from between and around teeth, the acidic by product that they produce doesn’t have an opportunity to cause decay.
- Flossing helps to prevent plaque and tartar build up.
- Flossing helps to prevent systemic complications from heart disease and diabetes.