Though cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of your smile, it can do so much more. From taking your self-esteem to new heights to giving you a boost of newfound confidence in your appearance, cosmetic procedures can truly take your smile to the next level. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry and how it can improve your smile with Dr. Melinda Kuhn at Kuhn Family Dentistry in Reno, NV.
Could cosmetic dentistry benefit me?
Depending on your dental situation, you may benefit one of — or even a combination of — the cosmetic dentistry procedures provided by your Reno, NV dentist. A good candidate for a cosmetic dentistry procedure is in good dental health and free from problems teeth decay and gum disease. They should take their at-home oral care seriously and be committed to brushing twice a day and flossing at least once in addition to routine dental examinations and cleanings every six months.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Reno, NV
- Bonding: Bonding uses composite resin materials bonded directly onto the tooth to change its shape and improve its appearance. Usually used in conjunction with dental contouring, dentists most commonly use bonding to repair chipped teeth.
- Crowns and Bridges: A crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” which fits over the tooth to protect it from all sides. Bridges replace a missing tooth by spanning the gap between two healthy teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a permanent and nonremovable solution to fill your gap — or gaps. From replacing a single tooth to holding a full denture in place, implants can treat many dental issues related to missing teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers: Dental veneers are a super-thin shell of porcelain which fit over a tooth to change its appearance and improve its aesthetic quality. Veneers can treat minor issues, such as a chipped or cracked tooth, or cover all the teeth in an arch to completely overhaul a smile’s appearance.
- Teeth Whitening: A professional teeth whitening treatment is a foolproof way to give your smile the boost it needs. Fast and obvious results make this procedure a go-to for many people.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry procedures available, please contact Dr. Melinda Kuhn at Kuhn Family Dentistry in Reno, NV. Call (775) 829-9331 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Kuhn today!