Posts for tag: Family Dentist
When was the last time you went to your dentist? If the answer is over a year ago, it's time to make an appointment at the family dentistry office of Dr. Melinda Kuhn.
Kuhn Family Dentistry in Reno, NV, provides all your dental care needs. Keeping up with your visits is key to a healthy, beautiful smile for decades to come. From cleanings to restorations to exams, regular appointments complement and enhance your daily oral hygiene routine.
What does a family dentist do?
At our family dentistry office in Reno, NV, we encourage coming in every six months for an examination and professional cleaning. While brushing and flossing are essential, plaque and tartar can still develop and it takes more than a toothbrush to remove them. We have special tools to remove stubborn buildup before it spreads or creates decay or cavities. With small mirrors, we can closely examine the health of each of your teeth and provide a detailed cleaning that reaches every surface. A professional cleaning buffs away stains, revealing white, shiny teeth, and we can apply a fluoride treatment to help prevent cavities.
Your appointment is also the time for us to identify any dental issues, such as cavities, chips, cracks, decay or discoloration, and provide the necessary treatments. By keeping up with your visits, problems will be caught in a timely manner, before they worsen. Visits to your family dentistry office may include x-rays, which help us identify any problems not visible to the naked eye.
A family dentist can also work with you on any cosmetic or restorative dentistry needs, such as tooth replacement options, straightening devices, whitening treatments, or crowns.
Keeping up with your dental appointments will help you save time and money in the long run, and prevent you from the potential pain of dental problems going untreated.
Call the family dentistry office of Dr. Kuhn in Reno, NV, at (775) 829-9331 today to make your next appointment.
A family dentist is trained to deal with oral health at every stage of life. While children’s teeth are developing, they have different needs than adults, which is why it’s important to take them to a family dentist. Dr. Melinda M. Kuhn is a dentist at Kuhn Family Dentistry in Reno, NV, where she provides dental services for patients of all ages.
The Benefits of Having a Family Dentist
Kuhn Family Dentistry provides Reno dental patients with the following dental services:
- Regular examinations and cleanings
- Cavity identification and filling
- Dental sealants
- Fluoride treatments
- Orthodontic devices
- Treatment for gum disease
Other benefits include:
- Convenient for your schedule: Your life is filled with commitments to your family and your job, and your time is precious. Dr. Kuhn recognizes that and will work with you to find an appointment time that suits your lifestyle.
- Prevention is a priority: Regular six-month dental visits for all your family members can reveal dental issues in their early staged before they become complicated and costly to fix. Dr. Kuhn can also apply a sealant to your children’s teeth to protect them from decay.
- Many treatment options: Whatever your dental needs, from correcting misalignment and overcrowding to restorations, Dr. Kuhn will discuss the options for all your family.
- Oral hygiene education: Dr, Kuhn can give you advice on all aspects of oral care from choosing the right toothpaste to help with a healthy diet for you and your kids.
Having a family dentist can benefit you and your family members. Your family will enjoy getting to know Dr. Kuhn and she will be able to help your children through every step of their dental development.
If you live in Reno, NV and you are looking for a family dentist, call Dr. Kuhn today at (775) 829-9331 to request an appointment.